My previous temp job called me back to work a 2-3 week contract. So I'm putting in long hours to tuck away a little back-to-high-school-and-college stash for the kids.

But if you dropped by I didn't want to send you away empty-handed. Here is a must-read article by Stephen Ransom, PHD. His predictions about the future of Publishing's Big Six and what it will mean for writers and why are definitely food for thought. Read it all. He doesn't get to the more interesting points until several pages in.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17243194/RansomStephens-FutureOfPublishing

So what do you think? Is he right or wrong?

Something that's helping me write today: A notepad and pen. Even when I don't have time to sit and write for long stretches I can still plot storylines in my head and jot them down during odd free moments.


This entry was posted on Thursday, July 15, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Wendy S Marcus said...

    Hi Regina!
    Glad you're picking up some extra moola. I read the article, well skimmed part of it...very long and technical. I guess my issue would be, it's copyrighted 2009. So much is happening in publishing, I wonder how current the info is.
    Take care!

  1. ... on July 16, 2010  
  2. Jen FitzGerald said...

    Very interesting article Regina. Thanks for sharing it.

  3. ... on July 20, 2010  
  4. Wendy S Marcus said...

    HELLO.....HELLO.....HELLOO....
    Is anyone there? Regina? Please e-mail me at
    wendymarcusauthor@gmail.com

    I'd like to discuss a project with you.

  5. ... on August 03, 2010  
  6. Regina Richards said...

    Wendy, I am soooo sorry I missed this post when you originally put it up. Weirdly it just came to my email a few minutes ago. Has it really been here since 7-20? There must be some sort of glitch in my system because I'm supposed to get notice immediately when someone comments. My sincerest apologies!

  7. ... on August 03, 2010