People (friends and relatives) who are exhausted come to my house to sleep. Just sleep. I tuck them into an upstairs bedroom and I write while they sleep.  I don’t disturb them. I don’t require anything from them.  I don’t schedule anything for them, not even meals. They eat what and when they please. They speak to me if they wish, but if they don’t want to say a word, I don’t mind at all.

I write. They sleep.  Sometimes for days. When they’re rested they go home again. And I never ask them why they came.

Something that's helping me write today: Feeling loved. Today i bought a new exercise ball to sit on and my husband came into my office while I was writing and silently piled pillows on the floor behind me...just in case.


This entry was posted on Friday, June 03, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Jen FitzGerald said...

    Gotta love husbands.

    And I love that you offer such a retreat for those in need. You are a good friend!

  1. ... on June 07, 2011  
  2. Regina Richards said...

    Husbands are handy.

  3. ... on June 07, 2011