My buddy Aimee Carson, author of Secret History of a Good Girl (Mills and Boon September 2011) and How to Win the Dating War (December 2011), has kindly nominated me for a Sweet Award. Thanks, Aimee!

Sweet Awardees are asked to do two things. So here goes...

The first: list 7 random facts about yourself on your blog

1. I love Masterpiece and Mystery Theater
2. I recently joined an in-person critique group
3. I'm addicted to Sonic cokes
4. A horny toad lives in my front flower bed.
5. In high school I set several school basketball records that it took 20+ years to break
6. I own multiple name-tag brooches because I like them and because paper ones get caught in my hair
7. I enjoy Sudoku, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, solitaire, and brain teasers

The second: nominate 10 bloggers for the Sweet Award (in random order)

1. Wendy Marcus who inspires me with her work ethic and sense of humor
2. Jen Probst who reminds me that one mom raising a family with love and laughter changes the world
3. Aimee Carson who makes being a fulltime mom and a dedicated doctor look easy and makes me want to be the best version of myself
4. Jen Fitzgerald who reminds me of the little treasures buried in each day
5. Karen Whiddon who shows me that goals plus hard work are the keys to success
6. Clover Autrey who astounds me with her positive attitude, energy and courage
7. Adele Countryman who clears the path before me constantly by sharing her wisdom and experience
8. Dave Farland who generously shares market trends, writing tips, and business smarts with aspiring authors
9. Marty Tidwell who makes being an empty-nester look like a BALL rather than a bawl
10. My husband and kids who relentlessly support and encourage my writing

Okay, I confess numbers 7 and 10 aren't bloggers, but they are Sweet! so I put them in anyway.

Something that's helping me write today: remembering to visit http://www.4badmommies.com/ for a chuckle.


This entry was posted on Friday, June 10, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    First off, you are SO deserving of this award! Second, awww, thanks for nominating me my good friend!!! I will take up the nomination and pay it forward - it's such a great way to meet the best people in the business and make new friends. And third, I loved learning these new things about you - Regina, you are a bit of a brainiac from number 7!!!!

  1. ... on June 11, 2011  
  2. Regina Richards said...

    Hi Jen,

    I definitely outed my nerd side with number 7. At my wedding reception a relative gave my new husband a book of philosophy and told him he'd need to read it if he wanted to be able to talk to me. So apparently I've been showing those tendancies for years. Poor hubby.

  3. ... on June 11, 2011  
  4. Anonymous said...

    Basketball records? Regina, I'm impressed! And I love the tidbit about the horny toad LOL. What a hoot. And number 7? Well, I always KNEW you were smart!

    I love the random facts lists. It's a great way to really get to know those that we only "see" online!

  5. ... on June 12, 2011  
  6. Nas said...

    Hi Regina,

    Congratulations on the Sweet Award!

    And it was interesting reading all those bits about you. Thanks for sharing.

  7. ... on June 12, 2011  
  8. Regina Richards said...

    Thanks Aimee. I'm not normally one for lizards, but I have vey happy memories of horny toads from childhood. So having one living just steps from my writing desk makes me weirdly happy. My husband and my next door naighbor both keep organic yards, bless them, so Mr. Horny Toad stays happy. And dh allows one ant mound in the side yard so the horny toad has something to eat. Good husband.

  9. ... on June 13, 2011  
  10. Regina Richards said...

    Thanks, Nas!

  11. ... on June 13, 2011  
  12. Jen FitzGerald said...

    Aw, Regina, thank you!

    YOU are one of the sweetest people I know and the award is well deserved. For you.

    Now me, I'm not so sure about. :)

  13. ... on June 13, 2011  
  14. Regina Richards said...

    I am sure enough for both of us, Jen. You are Sweet!

  15. ... on June 13, 2011