This is just a bit of fun. It began in a forum on CritiqueCircle.com as a challenge to write about a subject we knew little about. I know next to nothing about zombie-romance and I have no intention of spending even 10 seconds researching the topic, if such a topic even exists. But just for fun I thought I'd write a short zombie-romance and see where it goes. So here are the first few paragraphs. I'll try to add an additional few each Friday until I either become hopelessly fatigued with it or it ends. Feel free to point out all the zombie-lore I get wrong.

A Zombie Romance
by Regina Ruth Richards

Igor limped down the street. He paused briefly in front of the Romano house, but shook his head and moved on. He was certainly in the mood for Italian tonight, but Rita had mentioned there was a new family in town, the Lees, and she had her heart set on Chinese. She’d be ticked if he arrived already full and he hated it when she got mad at him. That's how he'd lost a good portion of his foot last week. Snapping off body parts was how Rita expressed rage.

He rounded the corner and came to a dead stop. His mouth dropped open and his tongue, if he'd still had one, would have hung out. Sitting on a bus bench just a few yards away was the most wondrous creature he'd ever laid his eye on. She was a vision beyond his wildest nightmares.

Something that's helping me write today: the weather outside is cold and rainy so there's no temptation to be out and about. The winter view out my window pleases me in some contrary way. Perhaps because I get to enjoy its beauty from this side of the pane, in toasty warm comfort.


This entry was posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Wendy Marcus said...

    Hi Regina!
    I saw your post on the PRO loop and came to visit your blog. Very nice! Good luck with the story...I can't wait to find out what he sees.

  1. ... on January 31, 2010  
  2. Regina Richards said...

    Hey, Wendy. You're the first person to post on my blog. Showering you with virtual confetti and many thanks!

    Please do come back. It would be so much fun to have you here.

    Looks like poor Igor might be in for quite an evening.

  3. ... on January 31, 2010  
  4. Clover Autrey said...

    Ok, answered my own question. Gotta love zombies.

  5. ... on February 15, 2010  
  6. Regina Richards said...

    I was informed the other day by my teens during a car ride that their are two types of zombies - flesh eating and brain eating. Talk about a challenge! How do you make a decaying brain chomper into a romantic lead. This could get difficult.

  7. ... on February 16, 2010