Last night I listened to Dave Farland's FREE telephone conference class. Those who dialed in early got a fifteen minute bonus up front and those who stayed a little late (like me!) got to ask Dave a question. Very cool. As before, it was a full one hour class, not just a sample.

These free phone conference classes are really great opportunities. I put the class on speaker phone in my office and do paperwork while I listen. At the end of the hour I have learned something new about writing and (huge bonus) I have a clear inbox. How cool is that?

One of the ways these phone conferences are superior to simply watching a video is that they're in real time. That creates a sense of urgency. It's so easy to put off watching that video class because you know you can do it anytime. And anytime turns into never. With these phone conference classes you can't do it anytime. It's now or no.

So I'm looking forward to December 14th when bestselling Sci-Fi Writer Kevin Anderson will be speaking again (free!). I don't know the topic yet, but I suspect it will be good. I learned so much from his last class. In fact, though I'm still working on implementing the tips he gave in that class, I've already seen a real rise in my productivity from following just a few of his simple tips on being a writer.

Anyway, as soon as I get the phone number and access code for Anderson's free telephone conference class, I'll post it. So stay tuned.

Something that's helping me write today: Setting up an excel sheet that lists all my works by type and current status AND allows me to access those works with a single click. This is making it sooooo eeeeasy to get to work each morning. It eleminates confusion and allows me to switch between projects quickly when I get bogged or bored with one. Love it.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Unknown said...

    A free telephone conference class? Sounds great! I could use a few tips to increase my productivity :)

    Amy

  1. ... on December 01, 2010  
  2. Jen FitzGerald said...

    I'm so glad you got so much out of it, including that clear inbox. (That's one of my goals for today. :)

    A telephone class is a great concept.

  3. ... on December 02, 2010  
  4. Jennifer Probst said...

    What a great resource - I never would have thought those were out there. So glad you enjoyed it!

  5. ... on December 03, 2010  
  6. Anonymous said...

    Nice site, nice and easy on the eyes and great content too.

  7. ... on January 10, 2011