I'm off to the Dreamin' In Dallas Conference and I'm on a mission. I'm really looking forward to hearing Allison Brennan speak. I'm dying to know how a woman with five (5!) kids writes three best-selling novels a year, promotes, promotes, promotes, and still manages to look great all the time. How? How? How?

I feel like the orangutan in The Jungle Book who was demanding Mogli give him the secret of man's red fire. I want the secret! Of course I don't plan to hold Allison Brennan upside down and feed her bananas like the orangutan did to Mogli. It's unlikely I'll even speak to her, but I do plan to listen with orangutan-sized ears.

Anyway, I'd better go stock the cupboards around here before I leave so the family doesn't starve while I'm gone.

Something that's helping me write today: optimism and the song The Bare Necessities from the Jungle Book that seems to be stuck in my head.


This entry was posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    HI Regina! have fun at the conference and please come back with the secrets from Allison Brennan - please. I love her work and can't be as productive with 2 kids let alone 5!!!

  1. ... on April 02, 2011  
  2. Regina Richards said...

    Hi Jen,

    I'll go through my notes, see what I remember, and will put it all up on Friday. Thanks for stopping by.

  3. ... on April 02, 2011