Cost of being a Writer: Officially the total I invested for 2009 in this writing business was $2569. But I'm guessing it was really considerably more than that. Our accountant will only use the amount I can prove with receipts (which was $2569). I messed up by failing to keep receipts for some things and so wasn't allowed to deduct them, so my writing business costs for 2009 were really more than $2569.

Note: My accountant wanted proof I'm not just a writing hobbyist. I was able to produce emails from a publisher showing strong interest in my work. Though the publisher eventually passed, a close miss satisfied the accountant.

Too Much of a Good Thing: I still adore him, but he's still underfoot and will be for at least another week because he was misdiagnosed initially. He's got the proper meds now and is on the mend. No permanent damage. I'm soooo grateful for that. All in all, it's been a growing experieince for me. I'm attempting to learn to write with constant distractions. I won't say I've been tremendously successful, but I'm not failing completely either. So all's good for now.

Just a Dream: Remission!!!! Yay!!! I'm so happy for her. And she tells me she's taken two (TWO!) firm steps toward achieving her dream. How cool is that?

Something that's helping me write today: A great big Dr. Pepper. Yes, I know. But I can't help it. I'm a Dr. Pepper addict.


This entry was posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 comments:

    Wendy S Marcus said...

    Yay for Dr. Pepper! We can't deprive ourselves of every pleasure!!!! I didn't even bother to total up my writing expenses this year, but my accountant told me to keep good records for 2010. I don't think I want to know!

  1. ... on April 09, 2010  
  2. Regina Richards said...

    I total up those receipts each year with one hand on the pen and the other covering my eyes. I leave just enough peep-room between my fingers to see what I'm doing on the theory that a smaller view of the truth will be somehow less panful. Ha!

  3. ... on April 09, 2010  
  4. Jen FitzGerald said...

    I'm so happy for your dreamer friend, Regina. That's great news.

    I've determined to give up chocolate and root beer. So far so good for a week on the chocolate and a few days on the root beer. After that, it'll be overall sugar intake. That'll be a tough one...

  5. ... on April 10, 2010  
  6. Regina Richards said...

    Sugar would be a very tough one for me as well. Funny thing is, I'm not even sure I really like it. I just crave it.

  7. ... on April 10, 2010  
  8. Wendy S Marcus said...

    I guess I'm lucky I'm not a soda drinker, so I don't have to contend with the detox. Now, chocolate on the other hand, I refuse to give up until I'm dead, and only if it's banned in heaven!!! But seriously, my trick is, I don't keep it in the house, so it's not a constant temptation. And when the cravings get out of hand, I treat myself. No guilt!

  9. ... on April 10, 2010  
  10. Regina Richards said...

    I like chocolate, but not enough to eat much of it. Dr. Pepper I drink every day. I've tried not keeping it in the house, but that just sends me driving down to the local Sonic every day. *sigh*

    I will say, I've slowed down on it a little since Lent. Hope that holds.

  11. ... on April 10, 2010  
  12. Anonymous said...

    Very good post. Looking forward to the next.

  13. ... on October 21, 2010  
  14. Anonymous said...

    hi!This was a really wonderful Topics!
    I come from roma, I was fortunate to find your Topics in google
    Also I obtain a lot in your theme really thanks very much i will come later

  15. ... on November 11, 2010  
  16. Anonymous said...

    how are you!This was a really magnificentsuper subject!
    I come from milan, I was luck to discover your theme in google
    Also I obtain much in your Topics really thanks very much i will come again

  17. ... on November 26, 2010  
  18. Anonymous said...

    hello I was luck to approach your blog in digg
    your post is outstanding
    I obtain a lot in your website really thanks very much
    btw the theme of you blog is really outstanding
    where can find it

  19. ... on November 28, 2010  
  20. Anonymous said...

    Good day I was fortunate to seek your Topics in yahoo
    your post is quality
    I get much in your topic really thanks very much
    btw the theme of you website is really quality
    where can find it

  21. ... on November 29, 2010  
  22. Anonymous said...

    nice share, good

    article, very usefull for me...thank you

  23. ... on December 01, 2010  
  24. Anonymous said...

    Hi to you all,I just read this blog work in your blog, and I enjoy you are contributing with great knowledge!
    Good Work,Good Night

  25. ... on December 15, 2010